TEDxHollywood Conference to Take Place March 28; Details Announced!
Press Release, News
The 2013 TEDxHollywood event will take place March 28 at the UCLA Freud Playhouse, located in Los Angeles, California. TEDxHollywood is an independently organized event licensed by TED and will focus on entertainment themes.
Topics to be explored and presented by TEDx speakers include the following themes:
- Everyone is a Media Company: brands and organizations now regularly create and post content to Engage audiences and customers.
- Succeeding in the Entertainment World Outside of the Traditional Hollywood System: learning from mavericks who have carved out successful careers in entertainment using ingenuity, elbow grease, talent, digital media and more.
- Storytelling That Drives Positive Change: stories that explain, inform and inspire. Stories shed new light on controversial topics, or advocate for a particular point of view.
- Sci-Fi Comes To Life Through Entertainment: great gadgets, gear and technology imagined by Hollywood show what is possible, and what could become reality in the not too distant future.
Initial Speaker list includes:
- Angela Ahrendts, Burberry
- John Forte, Musician
- Dick Glover, FunnyorDie.com
- Kina Granis, Musician
- Courtney Holt, Maker Studios
- Nadeem Kassam, Biobeats
- Tim Kring, Creator, Writer and Executive Producer, "Touch" and "Heroes"
- Rachel Shechtman, STORY
- Additional speakers to be announced
In addition to leading industry experts and creative minds to be announced, TEDxHollywood will host 400 attendees who will be able to rewind time and watch previous TEDTalk videos delivered by creative and technology visionaries who made prognostications about the future of digital content and its impact on the entertainment industry. The Co-Chairs of the 2013 TEDxHollywood event are Ken Hertz, entertainment attorney, Hertz & Lichtenstein and founder of memBrain llc, a brand and licensing company and Dan Alder, president, Media Eagles.
How to Attend TEDxHollywood
For more information about TEDxHollywood, please visit www.tedxhollywood.net.
For TEDxHollywood tickets, speaker suggestions, volunteer opportunities, sponsorship or other event-related information, please email email@example.com. For information about TED, please visit www.ted.com.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)