Samsung Techwin & iWatchLife Partner on Home Monitoring Cameras and App
Samsung, iWatchLife, Home Security
Samsung Techwin America, a leader in consumer video monitoring and security products, and iWatchLife, a leader in smart, cloud-based video monitoring that enables consumers to See What Matters most to them, today announced a partnership that brings additional value to owners of a Samsung SmartCam WiFi IP camera. Available now and designed specifically for the Samsung SmartCam, iWatchLife affords consumers the ability to bring their home monitoring to a whole new level.
"Samsung is always looking for ways to enhance the consumer's experience, and this partnership gives us the ability to do exactly that," said Mike Palazzolo, Vice President Sales and Marketing, consumer video monitoring and security products, Samsung Techwin America. "iWatchLife's array of monitoring solutions adds even more depth to our SmartCam and is a service that brings unmatched flexibility and precision to consumer remote monitoring."
With the optional iWatchLife service, consumers will now have the ability to:
- Reduce the incidence of false alerts by setting up customized event detection areas called iWatch Zones
- Record, store and intuitively search for video clips in the cloud
- Receive real-time alerts and monitor video streams from any internet connected device such as a smartphone, tablet or smart TV
- Save on internet streaming costs: iWatchLife uses bandwidth four times more efficiently than competing solutions
- Privately and securely share camera views within designated circles such as friends and family
"The combination of Samsung's feature-rich camera and our Smart Event Detection algorithm offers consumers an advanced, easy-to-use, home monitoring solution at an affordable price,"
said Tom Leger, Vice President of Business Development at iWatchLife. "This partnership with Samsung enables consumers to take advantage of iWatchLife video monitoring technology to share video on all their devices, and create their own family broadcast network."