New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
Press Release, News
New Relic Inc., the SaaS-based application management provider, today announced the company exceeded its growth targets for Q1 2013. In Q1, New Relic recorded 130 percent in revenue growth compared to the same quarter one year earlier, and ended the quarter with more than 40,000 active customer accounts. Customer growth was reported at 134 percent year over year, with a record 1,300 new direct paying customers including a 65 percent increase among enterprise customers. Overall, the company is performing at top speed and broadening its reach in all of its markets, either directly or through partnerships with more than 70 cloud computing and hosting relationships.
Late in the quarter, customer demand surged when the company announced the availability of New Relic for Mobile Apps. Within a month of general availability, there are now more than 1,000 iOS and Android mobile applications with 11 million end users being monitored by New Relic in production and enterprise environments. Among the new customers for the native mobile app service are Dark Horse Comics, Mirego and Wanelo.
For first quarter 2013, New Relic:
- New customers included Comcast, General Electric Company, Urban Outfitters, Saks Fifth Avenue, Hibu Global Limited, Pearson Technology and Churchill Downs, the home of the Kentucky Derby
- Secured a new round of venture capital funding of $80 million and announced its plans for an initial public offering
- Tripled the company's office footprint with the headquarters move to four full floors at 188 Spear St., San Francisco, and two full floors at 111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, the engineering team's headquarters
- Grew the team by more than 40 people, bringing the total employee headcount to more than 230
- Announced the general availability of a real-time solution for the monitoring of native mobile applications, a first of its kind in the industry
- New Relic announced a new partnership program with the "Who's Who" of mobile app platform providers Adobe PhoneGap Build, Appcelerator, Parse and Stackmob
- New Relic also extended its mobile app service to existing platform and infrastructure partners such as CloudBees, Joyent, Rackspace Hosting and Windows Azure Mobile Services
- Released its very own mobile app for the iPhone, enabling customers to monitor their apps on the go
- Won the Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Award in the Innovative Integration category
- Recognized as a SIIA Software CODiE Award finalist
Currently, New Relic: