Cisco Unveils CCNA Video and Cisco Video Network Specialist Certifications to Validate Video-Voice-over-IP Skills
Cisco, Professional Training
Highlighting the increasing use of high-quality video traffic over the network, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced the release of the Cisco® CCNA® Video and Cisco Video Network Specialistcertifications. CCNA Video is designed for video professionals who design, install and support video solutions on Video-Voice-over-IP networks. The new Cisco Video Network Specialist certification enables traditional analog audiovisual (Pro A/V) specialists, as well as other networking professionals, to extend their skills to meet the growing demand for networked video job roles. These programs expand career opportunities for employees of enterprise, government, service provider and reseller partner organizations transitioning from other areas such as routing and switching, voice and unified communications to video networking.
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index, Internet video traffic is growing at an unprecedented pace. Globally, Internet video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016, up from 51 percent in 2011. The sum of all forms of video (TV, video on demand, Internet and P2P) will be approximately 86 percent of global consumer traffic by 2016.
- A job-role-focused training and certification program, CCNA Video establishes an individual's ability to deploy video endpoints, set up new users, and operate networked voice and video solutions for job duties that include configuring voice and video single-screen endpoint devices, supporting telephony and video applications, and troubleshooting. The certification also validates a candidate's knowledge of the architecture, components, functionalities and features of Cisco Unified Communications Manager solutions.
- Voice and networking professionals will benefit from this training and certification, which provides an opportunity to extend their skills and careers into video networking.
- VIVND 200-001 and ICOMM 640-461 exams are requirements for the CCNA Video certification. Recommended training is available from Cisco and authorized Cisco Learning Partners.
Cisco Video Network Specialist
- In order to prepare individuals for career opportunities as video technicians, video administrators or audiovisual installers in IP-networked environments, the Cisco Video Network Specialist certification establishes and enhances key skills including the ability to configure video single-screen endpoints, set up new user accounts, support video applications and troubleshoot networked video solutions.
- The VIVND 200-001 exam is required for Cisco Video Network Specialist certification.
- Recommended training is available from Cisco and authorized Cisco Learning Partners.