Apple to Release Update to Apple Store App on 7/23 with Free Downloads?
Apple Store, Books, Newsstand
9 to 5 Mac is reporting that sources tell them that Apple will be launching a new version of its Apple Store App on July 23rd, noting "the app will promote content from the three Apple content stores. This content normally costs money, but it will be available free for a limited time via this new app.
Apple, internally, positions this as a way to boost content sales as this new feature is designed to raise awareness about Apps, iTunes, and iBooks content. Sources say that the new app update is also designed to go hand-in-hand with a new initiative in Apple Stores. When a new iOS Device is sold, Apple employees will be encouraged to install the new Apple Store app on the newly purchased device."
When you're on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple. You can also use it to make Genius Bar and workshop reservations at the Apple Store. And it's also the easiest way to get a new iPhone - right from your current iPhone.??
Here's what you can do with the Apple Store app on your iPhone or iPod touch:??
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door (U.S. only).
?- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, plus get signature gift wrapping for select Apple products. ?
- Custom-configure a new Mac with the options you want, including larger drives and more memory.
?- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders in the order status section.?
- While in an Apple Store, quickly purchase accessories on your own with EasyPay (available in select countries).?
- Request help, check in for reservations, and meet up with a Specialist at the store. ?
- Make Genius Bar and One to One reservations and sign up for workshops and events.